Arts and Cultural Management - MacEwan 2008, 2009
The Arts and Cultural Management Program at MacEwan College in Edmonton is 10 months of intensive full-time study. Over my time in the classroom, and throughout a 2 month practicum, I gained a broad overview of all arts management facets. Instructed and mentored by successful industry professionals, the Arts and Cultural Management Program provided me with a solid foundation on which to kick-off my arts administration career.
- Advocacy and Lobbying
- Marketing Principles and Research in the Arts
- Financial Management for the Arts
- Computer Applications in the Arts
- Management Seminar I
- Publicity and Media Relations in the Arts
- Applied Marketing in the Arts
- Human Resource Management in the Arts
- Facility Management
- Fundraising and Grants
- Management Seminar II
- Field Placement in Arts Administration
- Field Placement Integration
New Media - Vancouver Film School 2001 - 2002
The 12 months New Media program at Vancouver Film School provided a broad base of knowledge and real expertise in, what was then, the emerging digital field. I specialized in video and audio production.
Professional Photography - N.I.C. 1999 - 2000
A ten month intensive, studying the fundamentals of photography, such as using a film SLR camera, (yes, film!) controlling light, colour theory, design and composition, introductory studio lighting and the basics of black and white darkroom processing.